Terms of sale for the correct use of the Gardena Card
By observing these simple rules regarding the application of the Gardena Card there will be no obstacles to a fantastic holiday in the heart of the Dolomites
1. Gardena Card is a non-transferable personal ticket valid for the use of the ropeways and lifts of the Val Gardena. In case of misuse the ticket will be withdrawn.
2. On demand the ticket must be shown to the lift-employees, together with an identity card or passport.
3. The Gardena Card is valid for 6 or 3 consecutive days, starting from the day of the first use. In case of loss, the Gardena Card ticket will not be replaced .
4. The use of the ticket on the same facility is allowed after one hour has passed.
5. The closure of one or more cable cars or lifts, doesn’t entitle for a total or parcial refund of the ticket price.
6. In case of breach of regulations, the Gardena Card ticket will be withdrawn by the lift personnel, especially if the health prescriptions are not observed.
7. The Gardena Card offer is valid from 02nd June to 08th October 2023.
8. For mountain bikes or other objects the cable car facilities can require an extra charge.
9. The opening dates and daily schedules are subject to the laws of the Italian Government or of the Provincial Autonomy of Bolzano.
1. The present General Sales Conditions represent the contractual conditions regulating the purchase and the use of the GARDENA CARD period cards. The card enable cardholders to use the lift system facilities of the companies participating in the GARDENA CARD initiative, except the specifications and restrictions as provided for by the articles 3, 4, 5, 15 and by the current article. The list of all participating lift system facilities is available at each sales office, at the main partaking lift system facilities, as well as on the website GARDENACARD.com. In view of the actual health emergency as well as the uncertainties linked to the temporary inconsistency of the norms and rules that affect the economic activity and individual freedoms of citizens (including freedom of movement), the decision on the opening of the lift facilities is made on a daily basis, autonomously and at the discretion of the individual facilities’ operators (decision to which the GARDENACARD initiative remain completely uninvolved). Consequently, for each day, only the operation of the lift facilities indicated in the list published on the website GARDENACARD.com is guaranteed for the periods specified therein. The list must be consulted before purchasing the tickets.
2. Cardholders acknowledge that the GARDENA CARD, which issues the GARDENA CARD transportation cards referred to in the preceding, act on the strength of a specific agency agreement (with disclosed principal) assigned to them by autonomous companies operating the lift system facilities (the principal contractors), who are exclusively responsible for the management and operation of the respective lift facilities and their connected transportation services. Therefore, the companies operating the lift facilities, partaking in the GARDENA CARD initiative, and the cardholders themselves are to be considered as the only contracting parties to the present transport agreement. The GARDENA CARD organisation, referred to acting on behalf of the companies taking part in the initiative, are therefore not to be considered as part of such agreement and will not be subject to any form of liability.
3. The period card allows the legitimate cardholder to utilize the lift system facilities participating in the GARDENA CARD initiative and in operation in accordance with article 1 and 5 during the whole validity period of the purchased card (that can be of either three consecutive days, or six consecutive days, in which the card has been issued), depending on the chosen card type. The validity period cannot be changed in any form or manner once the card has been issued. The card is strictly personal, carrying its period of validity and the season of validity. The card can also carry an additional sign, consisting in the letters M-F-J or B, indicating M=Male, F=Female, J=Junior (born after January 1st, 2007) or B=Child (born after January 1st, 2015), the card type, as well as the name of the cardholder legitimated to its use.
The period card cannot be transferred to other persons even if no charge is involved, nor changed for another, nor modified or altered in any manner.
In order to benefit from the discounts offered for Juniors (J) and Children (B) on the period cards, at the moment of purchase of the period card, the actual presence of the Junior or Child for whom the benefit is being asked for is necessary and applicants have to provide a valid identity card of theirs, which cannot be substituted by any self-certification or similar procedures, and so substantiating the fulfilment of the requirements necessary for claiming the benefits assigned in these instances, and to the extent as described in the information sheet available at the sales offices as well as on the website GARDENACARD.com.
The period card for children (B) born after January 1st, 2015, can be purchased against payment of € 5,-- (five) only in connection with the simultaneous purchase by an accompanying adult of a period card of the same kind and for the same period. For each purchased adult period card only one card for a child and same period will be issued, in the ratio of one child (B) for one paying adult attendant. Both the child card and the adult card will be coupled. The period card enables the transportation of the cardholder only. For the transport of bikes, prams, luggage, animals and any other items and accessories the terms and conditions are determined by the individual lift system facility. It is the obligation of the user to inform himself or herself at each single lift system of the regulations pertaining to the individual lift facility. On lift system facilities exhibiting the specific sticker* the transport of bikes is not allowed.
4. The ordinary summer season, during which the acceptance of valid GARDENA CARD - cards is guaranteed at the lift system facilities in operation and participating in the GARENA CARD initiative, starts on June 2nd, 2023 (save the possibility to postpone the opening date due to the actual health emergency) and ends on October 8th, 2023. Before the start date and after the end date of the ordinary summer season single lift systems, groups of lifts, or even major areas of lift facilities may be in operation. In such cases, the GARDENA CARD - cards, are not valid. The GARDENA CARD - cards offered for sale will be accepted, in the described period of validity, at the open lifts as well as in accordance with other limitations which may apply (i.e. Green Pass). The transport capacity of the lift system facilities and the access to the lift facilities will be regulated in accordance with the prescriptions set by the authorities.
The list referred to in art. 1 indicates the scheduled opening period and operation time for each participating lift facility, which however has to be considered purely indicative, since for the actual openings only the list published on the website GARDENACARD.com must be consulted.
5. The GARDENA CARD – cards entitle to the transport of persons from the bottom station to the top station and/or vice versa. Any additional activity performed by each individual user additionally to the use of the lift system facility (e.g. trekking, mountain biking, also in “bike parks” or similar facilities) is not covered by the contract and is performed exclusively at one’s own risk. The paths and routes are not property of the lifts owners, and therefore not managed in any manner by the facility's owners or operators nor of the GARDENA CARD organisation, hence they do not accept any responsibility for their care, control or maintenance. The GARDENA CARD organisation, are not owners of any of the “bike parks” or similar structures and as such they are not responsible for their management, maintenance or supervision, a responsibility which remains exclusively that of the operators appointed for the management of the above-mentioned structures and/or the owners themselves. It however remains the obligation of every user to strictly observe and respect the conditions for use (the facility user guidelines) displayed at the access station of every lift system facility.
6. The owners and operators of lift system facilities decline any responsibility or liability for damages arising from improper use of the lift facilities as well as for the consequences of cardholders' incorrect and illicit behaviour performed on the transportation circuit. By using the lift system facilities by minors, the accompanying adult holders of the GARDENA CARD - cards acknowledge their awareness and express acceptance of their liabilities under the provisions of the Italian Civil Code both, in relation to the supervising and control duties of minors also during their use of the lift facilities. In addition, lift system facilities’ user declare to be aware of and agree to follow all the provisions and norms, inclusive of those set by national, provincial and regional regulations, governing the attendance at and use of the lift facilities. Facilities’ use by minors is nonetheless considered as taking place under the exclusive responsibility, care, control and supervision of the accompanying adult cardholder or more generally of the parents or legal representatives of the minors, assuming responsibility for the use of the particular lift system facilities by the child, and without liability of the owners or operators of each individual lift facility.
7. The GARDENA CARD - card must be shown upon request of the staff at the facilities as well as of the inspectors, and cardholders must allow them to check users’ personal identity by showing a valid identity document.
8. Cardholders acknowledge and accept that any improper or incorrect use of the above mentioned card will lead to the immediate withdrawal, annulment or suspension of the card itself. The period cards may be withdrawn, annulled, or suspended by authorized staff or control personnel in case of any violation of provisions set by provincial or regional regulations or by statute law. In case of improper use of the period cards issued to children (B) aged less than 8 years, also the coupled adult card will be blocked and/or withdrawn. The same application applies for the Junior – card (J). Every improper use will be prosecuted according to law and through any legal action or proceeding deemed necessary or proper for ascertaining the infringer's criminal (e.g. for fraud – art. 640 of the Italian penal code) and/or civil liability. In order to prevent misuses of period cards, a video surveillance system (“Gate Control Camera”) is installed at some lift facilities. The cardholders are made aware of the use of a surveillance camera by appropriate signs. The privacy notice pursuant to the (EU) Regulations 2016/679 is freely available at the respective lift facilities.
9. Each form of replacement or refund of period cards will be excluded. Cardholders acknowledge that no replacement will be made, and no right of refund or reimbursement will be recognized neither for e.g. cards being not used, even if only partially, nor for cards being lost, withdrawn, blocked, annulled, suspended or being deliberately damaged, except those cases who are expressively foreseen and ruled by art. 10.
10. Only in case of hiking or biking accidents occurred on identified mountain bike tracks, by corresponding usage of the GARDENA CARD - tickets valid during the ongoing season, holders may receive a partial reimbursement of the price paid for their GARDEN CARD ticket. Partial reimbursement will be limited to the days following the day of reimbursement request and restitution of the season ticket. Applications for reimbursement are to be presented at the central sales offices within 8 days of the accident together with the following documents:
- the season ticket itself,
- a copy of the medical certificate (issued by a doctor practising - on a regular basis - in Val Gardena by a public local facility or by the hospital to which the patient was taken to), attesting that the one suffered was actually a hiking or mountain bike accident, preventing the patient from continuing any further practice of sports activities.
Individuals accompanying the injured holder are not entitled to apply for reimbursement.
11. Cardholders acknowledge and accept that the GARDENA CARD ticket is temporarily assigned to them free of charge. Cardholders are therefore responsible for their own card's proper use and conservation.
12. The period cards are transport documents and fulfil the function of a tax receipt and must therefore be kept for the entire duration of the transport. The ticket is necessary to access the lifts participating in the GARDENA CARD - initiative and irreplaceable for the transport of the holder as described in art. 1.
13. Cardholders accept and acknowledge that the continuous opening and functioning of all lift system facilities partaking in the GARDENA CARD initiative are not always guaranteed throughout the whole indicated operating period, as the functioning is conditioned by factors out of the control sphere of the facility's owners and operators, such as e.g. weather and safety conditions, damages of the facility, lack of energy sources, pestilences, epidemics and/or pandemics, any resolution made and/or implemented by the local authorities and other causes of force majeure or unforeseeable circumstances.
14. Card prices may be subject to changes in the case of exceptional intervention by fiscal, monetary, economic or social authorities as well as in case of limitations of the transport capacity by order of the authorities, by law or by other regulations.
15. The personal data provided by cardholders when purchasing tickets or when accessing and using the lift facilities, also by exhibition of valid identification documents, are exclusively processed to verify personal identity and to ascertain the existence of the conditions for the provided discounts. The personal data will not be stored, neither on paper nor in any electronic form. The privacy notice pursuant to the (EU) Regulation 2016/679 is published on the website GARDENACARD.com.
16. By purchasing and/or by using the period card users declare to know and to completely accept the present General Sales Conditions, which are available at the sales offices, at the main participating lift system facilities, as well as on the website GARDENACARD.com.
17. In the eventuality of contrast or differences between the various language versions of the General Sales Conditions and the Italian text, the Italian version is to be considered as the only binding one.
18. All disputes potentially arising with respect to the validity and the execution of the transportation agreement and with respect to the present General Sales Conditions will be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of Bolzano/Bozen.
19. Precautionary measures in relation to the current epidemic. GARDENA CARD and its members companies are committed to adopting all most appropriate measures to help contain the contagion. Equally essential is the individual behaviour of users, who must scrupulously comply with the prescriptions and advices of the authorities. As a result, it is forbidden to use the lifts in case of non-compliance with regulations and prescriptions, in the presence of typical symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 epidemic or in case of lack of personal protective equipment, where mandatory. Any form of liability on the part of the facilities’ operators in the event of infection is therefore excluded.
Subject to changes. Any changes will be promptly published on the GARDENACARD.com website and will be valid from the time of publication for subsequent purchases.
Information on the protection of personal data (Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”)): The personal data collected are processed by GARDENA CARD exclusively for the purpose of providing the services requested and for sending information/updates on these services. The user has the right of access, rectification and cancellation and the right to exercise all his rights in accordance with art. 15 - 22 of the GDPR, by writing to Gardena Card c/o Resciesa Lift, Via Resciesa 14, 39046 Ortisei or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit www.gardenacard.com